Tuesday 6 November 2007

A window into my world.

I suppose I should have a thousand and one exuses for not blogging. I really don't have any except that I have been in rebellion. There is so much on the internet that I found myself consumed by reading blogs and looking up info. So I decided that I would just stop for a while and not write anything. It has worked well for this season. With homeschool, the ministry in my home on Friday nights, serving my family and taking care of a baby, I thought it right to pause and take a breath away from the blog thing.

However, I know that it does help to let others know how I am doing and the rest of the crew since most of the newsletters are written by Joey's hand. So in a nutshell before I go to bed...I have been going through many days of asking God why I have to homeschool, why I can't find enough time in the day to do all that I want to do( which I know most people feel that way), and why can't I follow through and be more organized? Well His answer to that is...My grace is sufficient for you. So I will go back to that place of contentment again and surrender knowing that He will never give me more than I can handle.

I am blessed to be where I am. I feel the stretching and growth down to the bone. In every fiber of my makeup He is causing amazing growth to occur and it hurts. I love the fact that I will never be the same as I travel this journey called the Christian walk. And I love being led by the Spirit even if it leads me to places I don't really want to be. I will walk this road with Him leading the way, walking beside me holding my hand and walking behind me holding me up. Thank You Lord!

Maddie is doing well. She struggles with doing school work just like every kid. Dreads the idea of being sent to a traditional school where she would have to be away all day from home. So I know she loves being home, but is just getting the fact that all kids have to go to school whether its at home or away. She is doing very well when she puts her heart into it.
She is washing dishes for me and making her bed and straightening up when asked.
She looooves Jordan to bits! She picks him up and walks him around the room when he's fussy (which is not often). She plays with him all the time. She is a joy to watch as she grows into a young lady who is curious and full of the joy of the Lord.

Josiah and Maddie were able to see a fireworks show here on Nov. 5 for
something they celebrate here called Guy Fawke day. '
A plan to blow up parliment was foiled on this day in the
1500's so that's what this day was about.

Josiah is a very emotional little guy. He is still learning how to verbalize his feelings so I am working with him in that area. He is very bright for his age, but still very immature and strange at times. He does not handle being out and about for too long and gets lost in his world of trains most of the time. We are praying that he will balance out soon and learn to love the things of God.
He squirms whenever we talk about things of the Lord. He can sit still for any train book, but can't sit still for a Bible story or worship. I am praying its just a stage, and yet we are not taking it lightly. Please pray for his heart.
He is still so fun and silly. He still blows me away with some of the things he understands. It is fun to engage in converstion with him when he's ready to talk.

Jordan is great! He is joyful all the time, very easy going and is sleeping well. He is beginning to sit up and crawl! We started feeding him solids, but he's not completely sure of it yet. He eats it, but isn't overly excited like Josiah was. I gave him an apple to suck on the other day and he thought that was delicious! His eyes were as big as saucers! So funny.

So life is full and busy. I am doing what I can to minister to the women God has placed in my life. He has given me some great friends out here which I knew He would. I am also planning weekly what Bible lesson to teach the kids on Friday nights while Joey is teaching. It is stretching me because by Fri. I am exhausted.
But I am always blessed!!
We have a month of guests coming that I have been preparing for. I am looking forward to having some friends from New Jersey and then my brother and his family. It will be fun.
Well I must be off to bed now.

thanks for reading and praying.

5 comments:

Bodie and Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bodie and Heidi said...

Tiffany!

I am so glad that I found, or re-found your blog. I have a new version of my email program that alerts when my blogs have been added to, and so it has been fun to read your posts. It will be a lot easier to see when you update it, because it comes in like an email! Cool, huh?

We so very much miss you guys, yet we are so darn proud of the big, bold step that you have made in obedience to the Great Commission. I know there has been a cost, and that cost can seem so heavy sometimes, but your treasure is Christ and the unique rest that is found in Him amidst a crazy daily routine. Faith in Christ is not a peaceful demeanor, it is a God-focused choice amidst business that leads to the joy of knowing your life choices and sacrifices are counting towards something infinitely great!

Just know that we can't wait to see you in January!

PS Your children are beautiful

Sarah Markley said...

I love you sis and I can't wait to get my arms around your kiddos! I love to read all that is going on with you guys! See you soon!

Tamara Liles said...

Tiff,
It is Tamara Liles. I am sitting her at work and searching the internet and found you. I can't believe you are in England. It is beautiful there, I remember it being really cold at night and humid in the days. Your kids are beautiful. What an absolute blessing to have 3!!
I am still in Tennessee, we are thinking about moving to Reno Nevada. Actually we have been thinking about moving to cali, but worrying about schools and so on. Oh and when I say we, I mean my mom and I. She would move too, when I decide to go. Just waiting for God's timing. Just recently found a new church that I love, it has been the greatest blessing. Dana Key is the pastor, from Degarmo and Key(old Christian rock group). If you want you can email me and then we can really chat. tliles@rocketmail.com. I am not sure of the time difference, but it is almost 2am here. I can't wait to catch up.

Elizabeth said...

Our pastor says that "growth takes place on the edge of risk." Homeschooling is a risk and yet, I applaud and admire you for being faithful to it! The growth you are experiencing is evidence that the risk is paying off! Keep it up, Tiffers!

As for your squirmy boy---I've got one of those. I always worry that he won't love the Lord. Just keep doing what you are doing and the Lord will take care of his heart.

I love you dearly and thank you for posting, I loved reading the update!

xoxo
Elizabeth