Wednesday 23 January 2008

America the Beautiful part I, NJ.


Nic and Mads. Maddie, Lloyd and Josiah.

Joel, Tim, Joey and Jordan. Me and Victoria.


Patty, me and Tammy. Many of the kids we ministered to.
Jon Mac and Mike praisin Jesus. Celebrating Katrina's bithday.

We started out on our journey west on Dec. 17th, 2007 we landed in New Jersey where we stayed with the Ducane family who are basically family to us in every way, and ventured around the area seeing friends and visiting our sending church, CCOB. It was so wonderful being with everyone again. We were able to pick up as if we had never left. What a blessing!
It was so good to share with our family here in NJ all that God has been doing in our hearts since leaving America. Its hard to articulate in words the internal changes that He has done, so it was quite the learning experience for us as well. Needless to say, it became an evolving process as the Lord gave us what to share. We pray it blessed those who heard as we were blessed to share and learn all that God is doing in Calvary Chapel there in Old Bridge.

I was able to catch up a bit with a few of the girls I used to minister to in the high school group at CCOB and I am filled with joy as I think upon each one. Most are walking with the Lord and pursuing His will. I love you girls!
I feel like the highlight for me in NJ was just relaxing with my girlfriends over a cup of tea and casually moving in and out of conversations as if life had never changed. It brought tears to my eyes realizing how blessed my life was and is. God places people in our lives for diffent reasons and for different seasons. Some are forever friends and some are just there to help you along on your way through life with the Lord. Either way, all are used to refine and challenge your growth.

I have been blessed with some of the most wonderful friends in the world...of course some might argue, but that's okay. The distance doesn't hinder our growth together, but is used to draw us closer as we pray and seek Him over the phone or over the internet. I am blessed to know that nothing will ever change in the sense of unfamiliar grounds. The familiar will always be there whenever or wherever we are together in His name.

I know that Jesus uses them in my life to show me glimpses of Him and how much He loves me. What a fantastic gift it is. I pray that I am able to bless them in the same way. (just to clarify...this means friends all over);>

Joey was blessed to share at CCOB the Wed. before we took off. The Lord gave him a wonderful word of encouragement for the church and the response was humbling. We thank the Lord for using these vessels to pour out to the church. What an amazing church we are blessed to be supported by.
There were many tears and laughs, tales told and thoughts given, many questions and some answers, but most of all...great fellowship all around.
Stay tuned for part II of our trip...


Kristen, Shannon, Liz and me. Me and Christine Loures.

Me and Michelle. Joel and Joey.


Maddie, Micheala, Chloe. Mike and Chrissy Ducane.





Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Matt said...

Glad you guys are back and had a blessed time!

Stephanie said...

Sorry, missed seeing you while you were here glad to see that the Lord blessed and refreshed you. Glad you had safe travels.

Tamara Ann said...

Love you so much!!! Thanks! Miss you too.

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to part two... any time soon? Missing you so! Love michelle