Thursday 7 February 2008

Just getting some water, mom!

"Okay where are you Josiah?"

I ask for the 3rd time.

"Didn't I ask you to come here?"

As I shove baby food into the yelling little person in front
of me.

"Coming mom. I'm just getting some water!"

Then I hear the sound that every mom cringes at.

"Splash, crash, glugg glugg glugg!"
"What was that?"

I calmly exclaim as I get up.
Josiah's eyes were about the size of golf balls;

"OH it was just an accident mom!"
"I didn't mean to do it."

Okay breathe...
I slowly walk into the kitchen and there on the floor
is a large bottle of sunflower oil nicely spread accross
the floor. Gushing torrents of slick oil for me to clean up
before we have people over. Have you ever tried to clean up oil?
It is next to impossible. After the sopping of towels,
you mop. After you mop, you get on your hands and
knees to find any left over residue. After the hands on experience,
you take another go at it with the mop.
Needless to say, 2 days later, we are just now walking on the kitchen floor
without slipping all over the place.
I have to say it has been funny watching Jordan(the baby)
crawl accross the slippery floor.
His legs kept sliding out from under him.

So of course I forgave him, until he took a marker and decided
the bathroom door downstairs needed a little red marker on it
to livin up the color. And then Maddie knocked over her cup in
the living room the next day and then Joey knocked the tea pot spilling tea
all over the counter...I know it will never end, because I go with
me everywhere and I make disasters all the time.
So thank God for forgiveness, laughter and lots of Bounty paper towels. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Laughing and smiling at that face kids make when " it was an accident"... I hear it so often. A precious memory for us in years down the road when our kids are no longer home.

Sarah Markley said...

You would think that he could have just spilled a gallon of milk or juice or something. Oil?? That is a bummer. And funny too. I must say, we haven't done the oil thing yet. =)