Tuesday 10 February 2009







It has been too long and I know it. Everytime I sit down to the computer
to punch out my thoughts, a little person follows me and thinks its funny to try
and type just like mommy...Well this is the only time of the day (10:02 pm) that
I have a moment to do this without those fingers that I love so much.
Lately, I have been dwelling on the first 8 verses of James chapter 1.
It has been so good for my heart to meditate on and I have memorized
so much of it just by going over these 8 verses! It has been a while
since I have felt the Holy Spirit directing me to camp out in one book
or chapter for a time and it is such a wonderful feeling to be directed again!
So far, this chapter
has been been like balm to my weary heart and very timely.
I pray that my heart blesses yours, and that you find
yourself searching for what God wants to mature you in.

I spent most of the Fall floundering in my faith and consumed by my circumstances that I failed in the trial God had placed me in. My heart was weary while doing good and I just wanted to flee. I don't know where, but I just wanted out of life. Nothing was fixing the problem, but I knew the answer was time with the Lord. My works were not working
and my "supposed" time with Him in the morning was not working either.
Both were superficial due to my heart developing a callous. So, through much whining and complaining, and complete transparency with God and my husband, I ran to the Lord in true repentance over missing all that He wanted to teach me and mature me in.

When James speaks about being "perfect lacking nothing" he is referring to the mature believer not a "perfect person." I was more disappointed about not being a mature believer than the thought of not being perfect. I don't care about being perfect, I just want to be a God pleaser in every way. I know that perfection can only be achieved through God and by the time I spend with Him. But, without surrender and true brokenness I cannot be effective for the kingdom and grow into a mature believer.

I am leaning on the everlasting arms of my Savior in this walk of life. It is not always easy or physically restful at times, but He always gives me what I need and removes that which I don't or can't handle. My job is to rely on Him and to ask for wisdom, because He says, "[He] gives to all liberally and without reproach..."Jms 1:5

As I ask Him daily for His wisdom and throughout the day, I find that He is answering in every aspect of life! WOW! What a concept. Why didn't I do this more regularly before? {grin}

I love Him with complete resolve and I pray, abandonment. I do desire to be at that place where I do not love my life, but I aim to lose my life that I might gain Christ!
So please pray for me as I continue to pursue Him and pray for the Lord to give you
His heart for this life that we only have one chance to live! Let's live it for His glory!
Redeem the time! God bless!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. What you shared was encouraging truth. Just a trivial note. My family and I will be travelling in England next month.