Sunday 16 November 2008

An afternoon tea.

I hosted a fellowship at my house in Oct. This is the
second of many I pray that will naturally develop
into a time of devotional and Bible study time.
This is the setup after the Devonshire cream and jam were consumed as
well as the finger sandwiches. I had made 16 scones; only
4 were left!


Our intimate group of ladies on a Thursday afternoon.
Tiff, Michelle, Kate, and Caroline.

Kate, Michelle and me on a walk after tea!

I had the privilege of being a part of and serving in healthy women's Bible studies for the past 10 years. I came here imagining that we would head in the direction of starting one here sooner than later. I knew it would start small, but it would be in His timing or not at all.

Of course with with the challenges of life being as they are, I have waited.
Well, being here for almost 2 years in Feb. of 09, I can tell you first hand that having a formal study has not been on the agenda. As Joey and I have sought the Lord, we see the need to draw the brethren together outside of a formal setting and create an opportunity for fellowship.

Joey is faithfully teaching the Word to the body, but we see the need for outside friendships to be made. Of course no one can force relationships, but we can create atmosphere that encourages it. So that is the heart behind these hang-out times.
It is such a joy to look around a room and see people engaging in conversation. There is always the nervous twitch in my stomach when I think about having people over and wondering if I will have to carry the conversation. Of course that is stupid and the Lord always takes care of it.
That day flowed so nicely and there was great joy shared by all.
I love these ladies and the ones who were not there as well. My heart
desires to be a blessing to all, but to encourage the
woman in their walks with God especially. What a wonderful
opportunity to serve the Lord this way! It truly is amazing.








2 comments:

Chad Markley said...

Can I show up just for the food?
:-)

You have become quite the cook over time kiddo.

This time last year we were at your house getting ready for Thanksgiving! I really wish we were with you guys right now.

You are loved girl.

Sarah Markley said...

what a beautiful table! i love it. i wish i could have been there! =)

miss you this thanksgiving.