Sunday 12 August 2007

Being sent out

My family and I left the States six months ago and moved to Cambridge, England
where we knew no one in order to share the love of Jesus with the people here. There seems to be a loss of understanding and fear of God among the English that we have seen and desire to reintroduce them to the One who created us all.

There was such a strong heritage rooted here in Christianity. Missionaries from the UK used to venture to the States in order to win souls for Christ and now it has reversed. Not that America isn't far behind, but there is a great need here.

We have experienced great moments of joy and revelation as well as dispairing moments of lonliness and sorrow.

I am reminded of the time when King David had numbered the people against God's will so the Lord commanded him to build an altar at the threshing floor that belonged to Araunah. Araunah wanted to give the land to David fo free but David replied, "No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price; nor will I offer burnt offerings to the Lord my God with that which costs me nothing."

That is exactly how I feel at this moment in my life.

Life is so valuable and my time is so precious that I don't want to waste it. I also know that what I have given up was costly to me, but it needed to be in order for the call to be worth it. It is so beautiful to Him. He desires to see us give up that which costs us something in order to see what is in our hearts. And why not? He gave us everything when He stooped down and became a human and died for us that we might spend eternity with Him.

I know that this season in my life has changed me forever for the better.

My heart has enlarged towards people. I have more compassion for others, I have a deeper intamacy with the Father, I know my husband in a deeper way and I appreciate those who have left all for the sake of the gospel more than I did before.


However, the tears still come especially when I'm over tired from being up with a new born and from dealing with my 6 and 4 year old during the day. Besides the Lord and my husband, they give me purpose and fulfillment. They are my ministry and I'm greatful to have them. Life is not easy, but I pray alot more fevently and I rely on Him so much more.

I know it will pass quickly and I will look back and be blessed that I went through this time. I pray I come out refined and ready for the next adventure. It is wonderful to be counted worthy even when I don't feel like I am. He does remind me through His word and other people that we are in His will and to be patient. Which brings me to my next thought...

I am so thankful that He sends people our way just when we need it.

Joey's parents were here when Jordan was born and then a bit later my parents arrived. God ordainded the visits for sure. There was wonderful fellowship and we got to know eachother on a whole new level. Now we are enjoying two young adults who are taking turns visiting us. We have Monica here now and Stephanie is coming in 2 weeks time.
We are greatful that God loves us so much. He is good.

So that is a bit of my life. I love the Lord and I love serving Him no matter where I am living.
My Uttmost for His Highest, Aug. 11 speaks volumes of where my heart is today. If you have a copy pick it up and take a look. Then examine your heart and ask the Lord to speak to you. This is where I am so pray for me.

Blessings to you all.

Tiffany

6 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

Hey, you crazy girl. I love you. I will now visit your blog every day to see what you are sharing! I put a link on my site to yours. I miss you so much!

Bodie said...

So glad to see you blogging!

HSMAMA said...

Hey girl - I love you and miss you bunches. I will enjoy reading your blog. Maybe someday I will have one too but since I just sent pictures out for the first time since getting our digital camera - I probably won't find time to blog until sometime in 2012!!!!:)
Love, Kim

NicStone said...

Way to stay with the times sister!
Love the blog! Love you! Look at all those beautiful kids, I just wanna bite 'em! Good thing I'm this far away...
love all ways,
Nic

Christine Ducane said...

aw Tiff.....I love your heart so much and I miss you even more, my dear sweet sister...(lump in my throat - tears in my eyes...) Thank you so much for this gift in the form of a "blog"...you have truly blessed me...always have, always will!
Christine

Tamara Ann said...

I love to read your words and see your face it makes me feel a bit closer to you. Gosh Tiff I miss you so much! I hope you read my blog and see my heart aswell. I am even crying now as I write this. You are in my prayers and in my heart. Thank you Jesus for that bond that doesn't fade just because of time or miles. I love you!